Start Your New Career
Wanting to become a certified Journeyman electrician? Do you have some skills but lack formal training? Start today down a rewarding career path and learn from our qualified Journeyman electricians with years of experience. We’re looking for qualified individuals with mechanical aptitude who are seeking a long-term position and have a strong desire to learn.
Install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
High School diploma or equivalent.
No previous experience required, but must have a strong mechanical aptitude skills and the desire to further your education.
- Follow the direction of assigned Journeyman Electrician.
- Transports tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site.
- Assists in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit, and motors.
- Inspects systems and electrical parts to detect hazards, defects and need for adjustments and repair.
- Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeter and voltmeter.
- Under supervision, successfully complete all required paperwork, such as but not limited to: Packing slips, work order forms, time cards and material requisition/return forms.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Traces out short circuits in wiring, using knowledge of wiring and test meter.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Performs minor repairs such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches using hand tools.
- Maintains tools and equipment, washes parts and keeps supplies and parts in order, general housekeeping of work site.
- Responsible for adhering to and/or enforcing all safety policies and procedures of McClintock Electric, Inc.
- Attends all required apprenticeship classes, tracks hours and turns in all OJT reports monthly.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE UPON QUALIFICATION IN POSITION:
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to read.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Enroll in and successfully complete a 4 year certified Apprenticeship program.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Obtain OSHA 10 hour card.
- Obtain Fire Alarm License.
- Hand and Power tool knowledge.
- Have own tools of professional quality.
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record.
- Time Management skills.
- Heavy Lifting
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Some bending/stooping/climbing.
- Able to safely use a ladder using the “Three Point Rule”.
- Ability to work outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
Why Work For Us?
Being around since 1963 has taught us one very important lesson. Longevity is a product of your employees. We believe in treating our employees like family and because of this we have had several employees begin and end their long careers with us. That consistency is what has allowed us to thrive over the years.
Perks & Benefits
We all need a break. Getting paid for it makes time off even more rewarding. Paid vacation after your one year anniversary date with increasing time at set points in your career. As well as 6 paid holidays per year.
Put your health and well-being first. We offer all of our full-time employees a robust health insurance program that is 80% employer paid and we pay 50% of your dependents health care.
We'll help you save for your future. An employer matched 401k to ease your worries about retirement
Company Smart Phone
With the growing use of technology in day to day work - staying connected is important. We provide a company smartphone and service to all of our field staff employee.
A little extra pay never hurts. Often we offer opportunities for overtime including the occasional double time for Sunday work.
Sometimes you need a day for you. You will receive two paid personal days to be used for any purpose each year.
Dental & Vision
Seeing is believing. Along with healthcare, we offer a great dental and vision plan at low cost to you.
Education & Training
You are our best investment. We believe in developing our employees’ skills with various training opportunities and professional certifications.
Sometimes you need to cut loose. We host company parties and other events throughout the year. Including a Christmas party with fun, food, and prizes. These events are a great opportunity to get to know your coworkers.
Tool & Boot Allowance
Tools & Boots get you through your day. We'll provide Tool & Boot allowance to help reduce your expenses.