Start Your Journey
Ready for the next chapter in your career? We are looking for qualified journeyman electricians who are in search of a long-term position with a company believes our employees are our most valuable asset. Think you are qualified and ready for a challenge? Submit your resume today. If we like what we see, we will contact you and set up a time to get to know you and give you a chance to ask us questions.
Install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Gathers tools and supplies to be used at work site according to instructions
- Maintain in the truck inventories necessary to maintain day to day activities.
- Assist in the unloading and shelving of materials on incoming trucks as needed.
- Transports tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site
- Successful completion of all required paper work, such as but not limited to: Packing slips, work order forms, vehicle maintenance slips, two week look ahead, change requests, timecards, information needed for monthly draws and material requisition/return sheets.
- Assists in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit, and motors.
- Follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings and flooring. Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provides access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly hazardous, and unreliable installations, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Inspects systems and electrical parts to detect hazards, defects and need for adjustments and repair. Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohm meter, volt meter and oscilloscope, and amp meter.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools.
- Traces out short circuits in wiring, using knowledge of wiring and test meter.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Performs minor repairs such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches using hand tools.
- Maintains tools and equipment, washes parts and keeps supplies and parts in order, general housekeeping of work site.
- Responsible for adhering to and/or enforcing all safety policies and procedures of McClintock Electric, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Successfully completed certified Apprenticeship program
Minimum 6 years Commercial/Industrial experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE UPON QUALIFICATION IN POSITION:
- Successfully completed certified Apprenticeship program.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Minimum 6 years Commercial Industrial experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interprets blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to supervise a crew and/or instruct Apprentices.
- Work successfully with other trades and Construction Management teams.
- OSHA 10 hour Certification.
- Adequately project material and manpower needs.
- Ability to operate various types of man lifts
- Time Management skills.
- Obtain Fire Alarm License
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record.
- Must have your own tools of professional quality.
- Heavy Lifting
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
- Some bending/stooping/climbing
- Ability to safely use a ladder with the “Three Point Rule”
Why Work For Us?
Perks & Benefits
We all need a break. Getting paid for it makes time off even more rewarding. Paid vacation after your one year anniversary date with increasing time at set points in your career. As well as 6 paid holidays per year.
Put your health and well-being first. We offer all of our full-time employees a robust health insurance program that is 80% employer paid and we pay 50% of your dependents health care.
We'll help you save for your future. An employer matched 401k to ease your worries about retirement
Company Smart Phone
With the growing use of technology in day to day work - staying connected is important. We provide a company smartphone and service to all of our field staff employee.
A little extra pay never hurts. Often we offer opportunities for overtime including the occasional double time for Sunday work.
Sometimes you need a day for you. You will receive two paid personal days to be used for any purpose each year.
Dental & Vision
Seeing is believing. Along with healthcare, we offer a great dental and vision plan at low cost to you.
Education & Training
You are our best investment. We believe in developing our employees’ skills with various training opportunities and professional certifications.
Sometimes you need to cut loose. We host company parties and other events throughout the year. Including a Christmas party with fun, food, and prizes. These events are a great opportunity to get to know your coworkers.
Tool & Boot Allowance
Tools & Boots get you through your day. We'll provide Tool & Boot allowance to help reduce your expenses.