Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a qualified low voltage technician who is in search of a long-term position with a company that believes our employees are our most valuable asset. Think you are qualified and ready for a challenge? Submit your resume today. If we like what we see, we will contact you and set up a time to get to know you and give you a chance to ask us questions.
Low Voltage – Data, Fiber Optic, Telephone, Audio/Video, Security, HVAC Control and Fire Alarm.
Install, maintain and repair telecommunications, audio/visual, security, HVAC cabling, fire alarm cabling and support hardware. Ensure that work is in accordance with current industry standards and codes.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum three (3) years experience in a technology related field.
- Follow the direction of assigned foreman or supervisor.
- Transports tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site.
- Follows diagrams or blueprints. Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, thinks forward for future changes or additions, and performs work in a professional manner consistent with specifications, local codes and MEI standards.
- Installation and understanding of cable support systems.
- Installation of systems cabling infrastructure and all components.
- Terminations, testing and labeling of cabling systems.
- Build support system, rack and cabinet systems.
- Become familiar with and utilize test equipment.
- Installation, termination, label and test backbone systems.
- Inspects cables, equipment, and systems to detect defects and need for adjustments and or repair. Perform tests and identify and repair problems in cabling system, equipment, and work station outlets using testing devices such as ohm meter, volt meter and cable/ fiber testers.
- Traces out damaged cabling or components, using knowledge of wiring and test meter.
- Installs user and head end equipment or devices correctly.
- Installs grounding and bonding equipment following standards and codes.
- Installs fire stop materials or equipment as per requirements, standards, and codes.
- Maintains tools and equipment, keeps supplies and parts in order and maintains general housekeeping of work site.
- Responsible for adhering to and/or enforcing all safety policies and procedures of McClintock Electric, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE UPON QUALIFICATION IN POSITION:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Reading skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Hand and power tool knowledge
- Must have own tools of professional quality
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record
- Time management skills
- Heavy lifting
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Some bending/stooping/climbing/crawling/confined space work
- Able to safely use a ladder using the “Three Point Rule”
Why Work For Us?
Perks & Benefits
We all need a break. Getting paid for it makes time off even more rewarding. Paid vacation after your one year anniversary date with increasing time at set points in your career. As well as 6 paid holidays per year.
Put your health and well-being first. We offer all of our full-time employees a robust health insurance program that is 80% employer paid and we pay 50% of your dependents health care.
We'll help you save for your future. An employer matched 401k to ease your worries about retirement
Company Smart Phone
With the growing use of technology in day to day work - staying connected is important. We provide a company smartphone and service to all of our field staff employee.
A little extra pay never hurts. Often we offer opportunities for overtime including the occasional double time for Sunday work.
Sometimes you need a day for you. You will receive two paid personal days to be used for any purpose each year.
Dental & Vision
Seeing is believing. Along with healthcare, we offer a great dental and vision plan at low cost to you.
Education & Training
You are our best investment. We believe in developing our employees’ skills with various training opportunities and professional certifications.
Sometimes you need to cut loose. We host company parties and other events throughout the year. Including a Christmas party with fun, food, and prizes. These events are a great opportunity to get to know your coworkers.
Tool & Boot Allowance
Tools & Boots get you through your day. We'll provide Tool & Boot allowance to help reduce your expenses.