Fusion splicing is the process of fusing or welding two fibers together usually by an electric arc. Fusion splicing is the most widely used method of splicing as it provides for the lowest loss and least reflectance, as well as providing the strongest and most reliable joint between fibers.
Advantages of Fusion Splicing: (GSR Global)
· Very compact
· Has the lowest insertion loss
· Has the lowest back reflection (ORL – optical return loss)
· Has the highest mechanical strength
· Is permanent
· Can withstand extreme high temperature changes
· Prevents dust and other contaminants from entering the optical path
Equipped with the world’s best-selling brand fusion splicer, known for their ruggedness and reliability, McClintock Electric is trained and prepared to help with any size project.